Here’s how you can share a Perlenspiel game with anyone on the internet.
You will need all of your game files as well as a Dropbox account.
- Copy your entire game folder to your Dropbox Public folder. It will not work in any other folder on Dropbox. Example: I copied my game, BreadPuzzle, into my Public folder, so that the game.html is located at \Public\BreadPuzzle\game.html
- In a browser, log into Dropbox.com.
- Navigate to your game’s folder in your Public folder.
- Select the game.html.
- Click the “Copy Public Link” option from the list of options above the files. Example: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8849903/BreadPuzzle/game.html
- Change the URL to remove the ‘s’ from ‘https’ at the beginning. Example: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8849903/BreadPuzzle/game.html
- Copy the URL.
- Test that URL in another browser tab.
- Share the URL!
The example, Bread Puzzle:
You can also use this URL in a porfolio website such as Wix. You can use it as a direct link, or embed it as an iframe.
If you have your own hosting, you can simply upload your project folder to a sub-directory and use that as a link instead, saving much of this trouble.